Thursday, May 7, 2009

Loosing it!

When we moved here last fall, I stopped running and I started to put on a few pounds. Then a few more. I really felt sad and didn't feel motivated to exercise or eat very well. It's funny that when you need to take care of yourself the very most, you usually choose self neglect. But I've decided to turn the tables. So I've been on this diet where you pretty much eat chicken and broccoli and dry toast and egg whites and fiber or protein bars. It's really not that fun, but to my surprise, it hasn't been that hard to follow. I've certainly had week moments, and even a few slip ups, but after 18 days (2.5 wks) I'm happy to report I've lost 6 lbs. I guess I should include that everyday at 3' clock I drink a glass of 1% chocolate milk. It helps curve my cravings, but still has protein and is relatively low in fat. I'm running about 17 miles a week and it feels so awesome. I'm finally sleeping better than I have in a long time. Sacoya quickly jumped on board and has limited the treats she eats to "one a day". I told her she is perfect just the way she is, but it's fun to see her make wise food choices on her own. For me, it feels different when you are actually choosing because you want to, not because you feel pressure to. I bought this swim suit today, and I'm hoping before summer is over I can actually wear it!

3 comments:

Omgirl said...

Good for you Sarah! that bathing suit is so cute. And even though I love YOU just the way YOU are, I know how it feels to be unhappy with your body. so I'm proud of you for doing this, but most of all for doing it FOR YOU.

Bret Bushman Family said...

That is so great Sara...it is so hard to be motivated, I thought you already looked really great. I love the swimsuit, good luck.

sarah marie. said...

wow good job sara. i can't wait slash i dread losing my weight.