Saturday, May 2, 2009

Everest Bound

Yesterday I drove Willie to the airport, where he would fly to Hong Kong, and then Kathmandu to start his trek to Everest Base camp.



This is base camp where thankfully he will go no further. Elevation approx. 18,000 ft.


These are the native sherpa's that carry most of their gear, and set up camp for them every night. Oh and cook their meals. These guys (women included) are amazingly strong. It is a 19 day trip, 14 of which is hiking, the rest is travel and a day of sightseeing.


I'm excited to see all the photographs of the culture and sights along the way. His sister Tiffany went with him. It's in their blood I tell ya, in their blood!

2 comments:

Omgirl said...

How did I not know about this??? That is absolutely amazing! I had no idea Willie aspired to such a task. If you talk to him, ask him to bring me back a queen made of tigerbone from Katmandu. Mine broke and I'm vey sad about it.

Corpuz Family said...

Wow, that is awesome! Good luck to him. You will have to share his pics so we can all see what he experienced.