Monday, May 18, 2009

And we all go marching on



So we've had this little ant problem. I first noticed them coming in the house around the fireplace. They were these tiny little ants, which I've heard people call sugar ants? Anyways, I sprayed bug spray and that was pretty much the end of them. Or so I thought. Then they started crawling around in my bedroom. On my dresser, my bed post and even in the bed with me! I kinda started freaking out, cause I couldn't tell where they were coming from. About a week went by and I had a neighbor call and tell me that cornmeal would kill them. But no such luck. They never even crawled near it. Then on Sunday, I was getting ready for church. I noticed one crawling on my shelf. I was thinking to myself, why are they in my closet, there is no food in here? Then I looked closer and saw several more. I lifted up my clothes and this is what I found!!!!



If you look closely. They are crawling all through that sucker. They must have been there awhile, because they had eaten a good portion of it for how small they are. I had forgotten about hiding that sucker from my little snack boy! I feel ants crawling all over me!!!!

2 comments:

Bret Bushman Family said...

That's not good...I hope you got rid of them...I remember when we first moved in, we had ants to, Emily had picked up a cookie that had been on the floor and took a bit the cookie had ants all over it and thats how we found out we had ants yuck!!!

Omgirl said...

You have to get ant killer. They make these little disks you put around your house. The ants crawl in, take the poison home and kill the whole colony. We get them every spring (also in our closet, even w/o the sucker in there), but they're gone within a few days of putting out the ant trap thingys.