Monday, April 20, 2009

Scar face

Saturday night we ended up in the ER for stitches. Ridge decided to dive off the computer station right into an open drawer. Or at least that's what we think happened. It wasn't to big of a deal until they put him under. It was kinda scary to watch him react to the drugs. Because it was on his face, they couldn't have him moving around so they gave him something that more or less paralysis you. It was almost like he was dead, only still breathing. Because he couldn't swallow, they had to suck his saliva for about an hour, until he started to come around and could start swallowing again. He was wacky coming and out of consciousness. The ER staff was really great with him. He was screaming SCARY! SCARY!, so it's probably a good thing they put him under.



Sunday morning it was all a distant memory.


Unless of course you reminded him, then he made sure you knew he had an oweee!

4 comments:

Me said...

oh so sad! I hate seeing stuff like that. The first time RJ went to the dentist and the gas drained the color from his face I felt so bad. I'm sure yours was 10 times worse. The face bleeds so bad also. Give him hugs and kisses from shasha.

sarah marie. said...

sheesh! that is so scary. glad he's ok.

Omgirl said...

Poor kid!!! I hope it heals well. I got stitches in almost the exact same spot when I was 25, and it took years to heal. I can't even find it anymore, but for about 5 years it was visible.

Hey, is that a tooth coming in???

Bret Bushman Family said...

How scary, I am glad everything is ok, I love the pictures of death valley looks like they had a great time. Bret saw a book about Timpanogas and it was pictures that Willie had taken, he said that Willie is a really good photographer.