Thursday, April 16, 2009

Death Valley

Sharing some of the pictures of Aspen and Canyon in Death Valley. They went to the dunes and it was a long way up!


Keep going guys.


They made it to the top and were way excited. When they came home, there was sand in every pocket they owned.


Death Valley is 178 feet below sea level, good thing it was April. I think Willie said it only got up to 80 degrees while they were there. It gets up to 125 degrees in the summer, yuck!


They stopped at this old ghost town and saw a lot of cool stuff. Then they realized that people still live there. Population of 27 or something like that.


Lots of the houses had old stuff hanging on them, like this old bike.


It was a fun trip but I'm still glad I was home safe in my house with the snow, (ok well maybe not so happy about the snow).

1 comment:

Omgirl said...

VERY cool! The sand is so white there. I wonder why. The white sand in the caribbean is made of crushed coral. So I wonder what the Death Valley sand is.