Thursday, September 11, 2008

me and my driver license

ok so about ten days ago i forced myself to go down to renew my driver license. i seriously didn't want it to expire and have to take the dreaded test again. so anyhow, when you get there, you wait in line at the information desk, while quickly filling out your paper work, and dragging your child, purse etc.. around the the counter so that no one will get in front of you kinda thing. That takes about fifteen minutes, during which a few people just walk in the door strait to the desk and pretty much butt in line. Annoying but we all just stand there and do nothing, crazy i know. once you get to the information desk, you are given a number and you proceed to wait some more, only this time you can sit in the provided chairs. this takes another 15-20 minutes. Luckily i brought ridge with his new squeaky shoes and he was able to entertain everyone or at least annoy them a little. when your number finally gets called, everyone looks around at you and you can instantly sense a little envy that it's you not them. At the counter they proceed to go over all the information and of course charge you a fee of $25 dollars, (nothings ever free). They get your john hancock, and then the dreaded eye test. i'm not sure how i passed it, but i wasn't going to make a fuss, all i have to say is people with actual vision problems, must really suck at those tests. Then you get to wait again for them to call your name, only about 5 minutes though. And this is where my story actually has a point. It's picture time, and i suck at pictures, especially the kind where you are standing in a public place and everyone is starring at you and a big flash goes off. But to my surprise, my picture actually looked normal, or even on the hey not bad side of things. So imagine my surprise when i open the mail today, and my brand new driver license has a big utah square and the letters DP right over my face. i don't get it? I've waited ruffly 19 years for a decent picture and they ruin it with a decal? You can't tell so much in the photo, but it pretty much covers my face. I guess the upside is if i get pulled over, i could say, hey that's not me!!!



5 comments:

Kellie-n-Sterling said...

Nice!!! I have to do mine next year! Sounds like a lot of fun and something I really need to do without Lily and Landon!

Michelle said...

Cute picture!! I need to go get a new license too, but I keep putting it off-it is such a pain!!

Mara said...

Look at you Sara. You have not aged a day since I met you. Which was...16 years ago?!!! YIKES!! I would love love love to have you come see me again. And I may actually be out ther sometime in the next six months as both my sisters who live there are having babies. Miss you! Mara

Corpuz Family said...

That is so funny! I guess I better check when mine expires! BLAH not looking forward to that!

Omgirl said...

It looks adorable! Too bad they ruined it with the decal. My drivers license pictures are always horrible.