Monday, July 13, 2009

Boring!

I'm pretty boring when it comes to clothes. I really try, but almost always come home with the same style, same color, same jeans. I even buy two or three of the exact same shirt in different colors, like black, brown, and white. So I've recently tried to break out of my solid colored bubble. And to my credit, I have bought a few colored pieces. Yellow, green, and even turquoise. But still boring no pattern clothes. Look at my closet, it's full of nothing but solid tees.




In my whole casual closet, I have two prints. One is brown with small cream polka dots barely visible, the other is a shirt I bought when I was pregnant with Ridge to hide my growing belly, (going in the DI pile today, Scary) I need some serious "boring" clothing intervention.



At least my church wardrobe has a little more excitement in it, but really, I wear black most of the time.



So today after my fun lunch date, Kellie and I went to Ross. I thought it would be a great place to find off the wall cute prints without a lot of price commitment. Start small right? I picked a big pile of prints I really did! This jacket was darling made me look skinny mini. But it's black!!!!!


Next, this cute shirt had the same effect. Waist cinching thinness. (Yes I've been watching too much Stacy and Clinton), but dang this one is black too!!!


Ok, well this one is black, but it's got a print to it, right?


Ok, I really scored with this one, see brown, and green, and cream! Makes up for the other ones, really it does! Ok well 1 out of 4 isn't bad? I know, send the boring police on over. I need help, serious help.

2 comments:

Me said...

your tooo funny. I actually thought the first two photos were the same picture. We all have what we are comfortable in and you always look cute. Me I just look sloppy. One day I will be brave and spend some money on myself also.

Omgirl said...

I have the same problem. I tend to shop for price, not style. Then I get home and think, "Why did I buy this? I don't even like it?" and it's almost always solid colored and very basic. I need more pizazz in my wardrobe too.