Thursday, October 15, 2009

Weighted down no more

It's funny how we perceive ourselves. I've worked really hard. I've lost 23 lbs. I'm not saying that to brag. Only to prove a point. After all that work, I feel better, I watch what I eat and keep exercising so i don't gain it back, and yet when I look in the mirror I'm not sure what I see looking back at me. Am I thinner, thin enough, still fat, was I ever really fat? I have two scales. I call them the fat scale and the skinny scale. Most likely the fat scale is more accurate. But I always weigh in on the skinny one first. I usually like the number I see. Then I weigh in on the fat scale and it's not so happy I feel. Why do I do this, why does it matter. Does anyone who truly loves me really care if I weigh 134 lbs or 139 lbs? Or the original 160 lbs to start. So today I threw away the skinny scale. I told my weight for the whole world to see, and I feel better.......... I think?

4 comments:

Omgirl said...

Sara, you look fantastic. You look like a teenager, like Sacoya almost. But I have never for one solitary second thought you looked fat or anything even close to fat. So whether you stay this weight or enjoy a few cheeseburgers and Dr.Peppers and gain it all back, you will always look absolutely beautiful to me.

sarah marie. said...

you always look great no matter how much you weigh.

Michelle said...

You always look great!

Gayle said...

I don't know what I'd give to see ourselves, even for a moment, as others see us or, better yet, as God sees us. To have a perfect and truthful perspective. Can you imagine? You are beautiful in every way and nothing less than an absolute inspiration to me. Thank you for your example, your strength and your honesty. I love you tons!