Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Let it snow!

This is what we woke up to out our front door this morning, although i'm sure we aren't the only ones.  There is about 5 or 6 inches.


So in honor of the first snow in our new house, i thought i would post a tradition willie has with the kids. We have no grass yet, so we weren't able to do it this morning, but we recently  did just before we moved. It goes something like this:
Dad: Hey guys look how much it snowed. 
Kids: Ya dad, cool. 
Dad: So who wants to run to the tramp and back? (mind you he is talking about being bare foot)
Kids: Not me, not me
Dad: Don't be wimps.
Kids: ok i'll do it. I want to, i'll go.


Crazy i know, but they do it every time. And the tramp at our old house was way back there. Our yard here is about half the distance so i'm sure Willie will come up with some other route that maybe involves the cows across the street or something! I'm sure this is a tradition they will always remember. I did it once and that was enough for me.

3 comments:

Omgirl said...

If it makes you feel any better, we got 3 inches here. But I think I'll pass on running out in the snow barefoot.

Mara said...

I LOVE your kids apparel. This is so how my kids would great the first snow of the season. Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!! Love, Mara

Michelle said...

That is so fun! I don't think I will be doing it, but a fun tradition for the kids! I hope that everyone is adjusting to being there a little bit more-that would be really hard!