Thursday, May 15, 2008

one of those days, i mean weeks!

This week has been a tough one with this little guy! I feel really bad cause he's not feeling well, but I seriously want to pull my hair out. He hasn't stopped crying in 7 days. Last week he lost a tooth and everything was fine until about Friday, then he got a fever and wouldn't open his mouth or even eat. He just cries. I was convinced it had to do with his lost tooth. I called our dentist on Monday, who said bring him in cause he could have an abscess where it fell out. When we got down there, he took one look and said: I hate to break it to you, but it's not his tooth, he has Gingivostomatitis (which is a nice way of saying herpes Simplex 1 or cold sores.) He will probably be miserable for about two weeks. Apparently when babies are exposed to cold sores, they get there first outbreak in there mouth with about ten or more sores. It also causes fever. Poor guy, no poor me..............

His poor little mouth bleeds when he tries to eat. Even with a cookie and his favorite movie playing, he still cries.




To make myself feel better i made a card last night! Well 8 to be exact, but they are all the same, so if you get this one for a birthday or something, act surprised.




This is a scrapbook page i made of Ridge the day he came home from the hospital, sad how fast he has grown up.



4 comments:

Bret Bushman Family said...

I am sorry Sara...it's hard when they can't tell you what hurts...I hope he is doing (and you) better.
LOVE the card, keep it up

Michelle said...

So sad! Why did he lose a tooth? Isn't that way early for him? I feel bad for you too-that is the worst!

Mara said...

Hey you...I'm cringing as I know those weeks when you want to pull your hair out, and perhaps Willie's too for getting you pregnant. :)

I miss you so much! Mara

Bret Bushman Family said...

That is such a fun picture of you and Willie in the upper right corner. I haven't forgotten I have you tool, I still haven't taken the time to try it yet...I will and get it back to you