Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Smart Car?

I was at Costco the other day and I saw one of these Smart cars. At first I was like wow that's crazy small. And then I thought why is it at costco, I mean what could they really fit in there? And then I noticed a car seat crammed in the front passenger side. I felt mad. I mean why would they put a baby or toddler in there? Could it be worth the risk?

Seriously? This is a smart car. Maybe in Europe where it's considered an average size car, but out on the rode next to this:



or this:
You wouldn't have a chance in a accident.

I really wonder some times in the name of the "Environment" if we go to far?

1 comment:

Omgirl said...

Yeah, and not only that but it gets worse gas mileage than the Mini Cooper (with no back seat to speak of and no guts in the engine!)

Incidentally, I thought that about the Mini too, about the safety of it, when K was looking at getting one. Turns out they did overkill on the safety because it is so small--way more steal reinforcement in the body and roof, better handling, better breaks, better acceleration, etc., than the average car. I can't say that is true of the Smart Car. Probaby not. But size doesnt' necessarily mean unsafe. It does make me feel better to know the Mini is actually safer than most bigger cars on the road.