Friday, August 22, 2008

Jackson Hole

During July, willie and I went to Jackson to do an art show. He usually goes by himself, but this year I committed to helping him do some of his shows. It was a nice break from the kids, but let me tell you, his shows are a lot of work. I was initially so excited to go "shopping the outlets" and was so disappointed that they no longer have "outlet " shopping in Jackson. Just your typical tourist way over priced same old stuff kinda stores. I guess i saved money for swiss days coming up! We had fun none the less.
Here is WIllie at his booth in the park. We had a nice spot with some shade and we got lots of people watching in.
We hiked down to a little spot where the river passes with the Tetons in the background. Willie got some great pictures one of the mornings we were there.
We saw another group and had them take a picture of the two of us. There were so many mosquito's you would die. I zipped up as far as I could.
We went to Mormon Row, which from what I read, is just a famous strip of barns, and a few houses in which the mormon pioneers built after coming across the plains. Some of them originally settled in Jackson.
It was pretty cool to see, they have been preserved really well.

Here is one of the old houses.
This is one of the more famous of the barns,  Photographed by many famous photographers. 
This is willie's shot and was one of the most popular photo's at his show.







1 comment:

Omgirl said...

I've never been to Jackson HOle. It looks beatiful! I'm glad you had a chance to go with Willlie and have a break from the kids.