Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Missing her

Today it has been one year since Ginger left us. I was feeling really sad because I ultimately made the decision when it was time to put her down. I actually had to drive her to her death so to speak. Today the kids and I made chocolate brownies in honor of her. We each had a candle and told what we loved about her and then blew them out. It was sweet. I came across this photo of her taken about a month before she died, and I realized that she was sad, and sick, and miserable. This photo doesn't tell the story of a happy dog. SO instead of feeling sad today, I will remind myself that she is happy and running and playing. That she is free from all the pain she suffered in her short life. And best of all, I'll get to see her again someday.



The mountains were one of her favorite places. We made her a little grave site and visit it sometimes. She woud have loved to have gone there with us!

2 comments:

Bret Bushman Family said...

They really do become a part of our families don't they. I bet your kids loved remembering and talking about her.

Omgirl said...

Aw, that brought a few tears to my eyes. Sweet Ginger. You are right, though. She is way happier now that she is in a big field with lots of squirrels to chase instead of in her aching body on earth.